One of the cranes that we are constantly recommending to our clients is the Manitex Boom Truck. This boom truck is highly versatile and can be used in a number of different environments to carry out multiple actions. It is lightweight enough to have great handling abilities, but sturdy enough to hold up to 50 tons! A boom truck is a great option for many of the businesses we interact with because it can be driven independently to work sites, and is able to do many of the same tasks that non-mobile cranes do. Read on to learn more about all the Manitex boom truck has to offer, and why we love it so much.
The Diverse Functionality of a Boom Truck
First, to understand all that the Manitex boom truck is capable of, it is important to know all of the equipment on board. The flatbed of the boom truck is extremely useful for transporting materials to and from job sites. Whether you need to bring extra tools or building supplies to your site, or if you need to dispose of by-products such as lumber or old housing parts, you can easily load up your boom truck to transport these items wherever they need to be. This can save you tons of money that would normally be spent on alternative transport services, and simplifies planning by involving less moving parts at your site.
Mounted on the back of the boom truck is a hydraulic crane which allows your operator to lift heavy items to heights of up to 155 feet. The Manitex boom truck has an impressive load capacity, allowing you to lift appliances, supplies, and more to high floors of buildings instead of renting a separate crane. The personnel hoist is an extremely useful tool afforded by the Manitex boom truck. It can lift your workers to high heights that would otherwise be unreachable. The personnel hoist is fenced in so your employees can feel secure on their way up, down, and while at work. There is enough space to comfortably lift two workers plus their supplies with the Manitex boom truck, making it ideal for a number of building and maintenance tasks.
Is a Boom Truck Right For My Job?
The boom truck’s versatility makes it a wonderful option for many of our renters. Not only does a multi-function machine give you peace of mind, but also great value for money! A list of possible work environments where the boom truck would be appropriate is below, though we are sure the list could go on and on!
- Electrical utility-the boom truck is excellent at carrying technicians from home base to their destination, and can easily hoist them up to work on electric lines with the confidence that they are safe and secure
- Sign/lighting maintenance-in the past, maintenance workers in this realm had to use ladders to reach overhead signage or lights. Luckily, the boom truck can give these workers the leverage they need to reach high up work sites with all their materials easily accessible
- Construction-one of the more obvious uses for a boom truck is at construction sites. This machine is great for transporting materials, hoisting workers to hard to reach places, and lifting heavy equipment
- Forestry and landscaping-boom trucks are great at helping you cut down old or unwanted trees, and then hauling the logs to the next destination. It can also be used to lift landscapers who need to trim overhead branches
- Emergency services-boom trucks are often used by firefighters and other emergency responders to quickly reach higher floors of buildings caught on fire to spray water directly on the fire or to rescue anyone who may be stuck inside. This is seriously important in emergencies where there is no way for the firefighters to traverse stairwells either due to smoke or time constraints
- Painters-for projects higher than three stories, it is almost impossible to apply paint to every inch of building exteriors unless you use a boom truck
- Window washing-ladders are simply unable to reach certain areas on tall buildings. The boom truck can lift washers to the highest story of most buildings securely so they can keep windows crystal clear
Why Choose Manitex?
Founded in 1993, Manitex has proven to be a safe and reliable company throughout the years. We love working with Manitex because they consistently provide cost effective machines that simply know how to get the job done. All boom trucks produced by Manitex are required to pass a product quality inspection by the manufacturer, because customer service is their top priority.
As you can see, the Manitex boom truck has endless capabilities. Why choose a machine with one job when it can accomplish many! Contact B&M crane rental today if you are interested in one of our high quality, durable Manitex boom trucks.